I'll share some of the rules below, but make sure you check Paula's site for all the details, updates, and wonderful guest blogs from Lisa Wheeler, Dan Santat, Don Tate, and several others. Here's a direct link to the NaPiBoWriWee area on Paula's site. And did I tell you that you can win prizes? So you'll already be a winner for having seven new picture book drafts to mold into shape AND you can win prizes, too. Wahoo!
Here's a little more info:
1. Midnight May 1st to 11:59 p.m. May 7th: Write 7 separate and complete picture books.
2. You are NOT allowed to write the same picture book in 7 variations. Each book must be complete and separate.
3. No minimum word count. Instead, each book must have a clear beginning, middle and end.
4. You are allowed to brainstorm and research book topics before May 1st. Outlines are acceptable. First draft writing is NOT. Do NOT write your books before May 1st – only brainstorming, taking notes, and outlining are allowed.
5. You are NOT allowed to write a single word of your draft until midnight May 1st.
So...who is going to take the NaPiBoWriWee plunge with me? I've been busy finishing up revisions on my MG, Mom Wars, and after one more quick read through, it will be DONE! I haven't had much time to plan my new picture book manuscripts, so I'm really glad I have over 30 ideas that I jotted down during Tara Lazar's PiBoIdMo (Picture Book Idea Month) challenge. I was hoping to flesh out those ideas before this challenge, and will try to work on them today and tomorrow. It looks like Sunday is going to be a very busy day...I can't wait!
Several of us formed a Facebook group to cheer each other on during NaPiBoWriWee--let me know if you want me to add you to our group!
Thanks for creating this wonderful challenge, Paula! Good luck to everyone participating in NaPiBoWriWee. I can't wait to hear about all your new manuscripts!